Tuesday, September 22, 2015

SachchiAdvice - Taking an Important Step in Life

It was the year 2010 when I had got an opportunity to stay overseas for a year. I was quite confused at that point of time as I had to leave my kids and my family for a year and the feeling of being lonely in a new country was a big fear for me. The company would arrange a house as well as would take care of my expenses and rent but the main concern for me was that I would not only be away from my family but the feeling of coming back from office and being alone was something I wasn't happy about. My company had even offered me a good package and my wife was convinced about my trip for a year. It was only me who was hesitant to take up this opportunity.

It was one day when my boss came up to me and told me to talk to him for sometime. I had a small unofficial meeting with him and we discussed about what problems and issues I would face if I had taken up this opportunity. He was very polite while talking to me and it was the first time I felt he was a friend rather than my boss. He made me comfortable and addressed each and every concern of mine making me feel totally convinced about my trip for a year. I was surprised to interact with him as what concerns my own family could not manage to make me feel free of, my boss who was a third person in my life managed to do and that too in just an hour.

After our meeting, the next day I submitted my documents and got my Visa in about a month. I then worked overseas for 18 months (6 months extension) and received a good pay for my time. It was really the best days of my life and I am glad I did take the advice of my boss and it is all because of him I could experience the moments of learning and working with foreign clients and get to know about the way they work.

I am participating in the #SachchiAdvice Contest by MaxLife in Association with BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment