Friday, January 29, 2016

#LoveAndLaughter - Reaching late on the most auspicious day of my life







For any person, their marriage day is the most memorable moment in their life. However, in my case, my marriage day was the most memorable and laughter filled moment as well in my life. I still remember the day when our marriage was fixed and my wife and I were so happy that we are going to enter the sacrament of marriage. It was an arranged marriage and I and my wife barely knew each other for a month but we still knew that we are meant for each other and can spend our entire life happily.

Our marriage was fixed on Sunday by the priest and and I my spouse started shopping for our wedding outfit and all the other necessary ornaments for the wedding day. A day before the wedding, I couldn't get sleep all night as there was a lot of excitement in my mind and plus I had partied till 3:00 a.m. with my friends who had held a bachelor's party at my place. I was so tired but still I kept thinking about the most important day of my life that was few hours ahead and I din't even realize when my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up, it was 9:00 a.m. and I had to reach the church within 2 hours as the wedding was scheduled at 11:00 a.m. There were no mobile phones at that time and my landline as well was not working. The church was 30 mins away from my home and I had to get ready in just an hour. Since the earlier day I had told my friends to not disturb me on my wedding day and just arrive in the church on time, nobody had even come to wake me up that day. I took a shower in 10 minutes just ironed my shirt in 5 mins and started wearing the pant in a hurry. With a result, I noticed that the seat had torn which was so embarrassing. I started stitching it and it took my 30 minutes to get it stitched properly and then I took my car keys and just rushed to the church. Due to traffic, I reached the church 20 minutes late and when I reached there, my to-be wife and all our relatives were upset and annoyed that I reached so late on my own wedding day. I composed myself and made an apologetic face to convince the priest and my to-be wife and tried explaining what had happened due to which I became late. Childishly I told him about my pants being torn and all the guests started laughing at me which was even more embarrassing. My wife touched my shoulder and smiled at me, giving me courage and then the priest started the rituals soon.

It was the best day of my life and a funny one too. I got the love of my life that day and it has been 25 years since we are married.


This post is a part of #LoveAndLaughter activity at BlogAdda in association with Caratlane.

No comments:

Post a Comment