Friday, April 29, 2016

#MyInternTheory My first class

When I passed my final exams of B.A., there were very few companies who had openings and I was without a job after my graduation. I was an orphan and for me, it was very important to find a good job and it was then my professor came as a savior and offered me a job in the college itself. It was a lecturer's post and I grabbed the opportunity immediately. I proudly came home and told my sister about my first job and she was so proud of me. It was the first time I was actually working and it would earn me money atleast for 2 meals a day. My salary was just Rs. 1500 but it was more than enough for me to manage my expenses.

On the first day, I was introduced to the principal of my college as a lecturer. It was not that my principal did not know about me but instead of a student, I was a part of the faculty now. I was then taken by the principal to my class room and as usual, all the students were busy chit chatting before we entered and after we entered, there was pin-drop silence in the class room. The principal said that Mr. Richard will be your new professor and the students were stunned to hear that. Many students knew me while I was studying there and I felt awkward to be introduced as a lecturer. I thought that they might either pull my leg or misbehave in my class but it was not the case. The students were really obidient and as I started my lecture, they motivated me to continue my class. I started with the first chapter and was nervous as the principal and two more lecturers were sitting at the back and listening to how I take my class. It all went well and I asked the students to share their opinions on the subject and the chapter and many did answer correctly that made me proud. At the end of the lecture, the principal congratulated me of handling the lecture with ease and he gave me a good grade as well.

It was my first day as an intern and from this day, I realized that teaching was the best job for me. I started loving my job and my students gave me immense respect and honor. A student-teacher relationship is very important and valuable and that day I realized that.

I’m sharing my first internship experience for the #MyInternTheory activity at BlogAdda in association with Intern Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment