Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How to lead a healthy life


Saffola has always come up with advertisements that make us aware of controlling our cholesterol and protecting our heart. Here I would like to share some tips that have been useful to me and how I have managed to maintain a healthy diet all these years.




Being Happy:

The formula to be happy is to get good sleep as I used to remain all grumpy and tired if my sleep wasn't complete. While being a member of a health forum, I learned how important sleep is for a healthy life, for a happy day and for a good heart too. I used to barely sleep for 5-6 hours daily but I read on the forum that our body needs 8-10 hours of good sleep. By good sleep I mean that we shouldn't only be resting but it should be a good sound sleep. Some methods that I would like to share that helped me get complete sleep are:

1. Read books before sleeping.
2. Count numbers from 100 to 1.
3. Imagine a blank line while closing your eyes and keep concentrating on it.




Staying Active:

I don't go to a gym but believe in Yoga a lot and this is the best way to stay active for me. I find this exercise the best and most easiest among all other exercises as there are asanas like baddha konasana, virasana dandasana in which we need to sit in the given posture. Besides these asanas, the 3 asanas that help to keep our heart healthy are:

Padangusthasana
Janu Sirasana
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
(More about these asanas in the next blog)

All these exercises have helped me to relieve my stress and balance my cholesterol level.

Eating Better:

I suffer from high blood pressure problems and hence I am advised to consume very less oil and salt for a better health. It is very important that we keep a track of the amount of oil we eat and after 45, it becomes a vital part of our life to consume food that is good for our immune system. Cutting down is salt is the first step we need to take if we suffer from BP problems, although it's tough to eat food with minimum salt. The best method I've found is to eat fruits most of the time and consume oats and meals that contain almost zero amount of salt. The more we can control our blood pressure, the better it is for our heart.


I am joining the Saffolalife #ChhoteKadam initiative in association withBlogAdda and follow these small steps for a healthy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment