Saturday, November 5, 2016

Phases of my Life - Dear Zindagi


Dear Zindagi,

                        Watching the trailer of Dear Zindagi movie has made me run through so many thoughts and memories of my life and it feels nostalgic to feel how you have made me overcome my difficulties and made me strong all these years. Talking about the various stages of you, I will quickly rush you through those important moments and make you feel what I’ve felt all these years…


As a child…

The small Richard in me is still alive and it can never die as I’ve captured those moments in the form of photographs and videos that I’ve managed to take. As a child, I’ve always thought of you as a beautiful feeling. I can’t see you but you are present with me as a friend, as a parent, as a flower, as a present, as a pet and every form of you has been the most amazing feeling for me. You were present near me and life is something I just learned about but being immature, I could not understand what it actually means.

As a teenager…

As a teenager, I became serious about you as I had lost both my parents. Living you along made me realize that I need to learn many things now and I can’t just let you pass by. I studied hard and never got to experience my college life at all. Those 7-8 years just passed and I never had any happy moment in my life except for the result day where I got to know that I completed my graduation.

As a brother…

I did not ever experience how it was like being a son as my parents died when I was 6 and 12 but I learned how to experience you as a brother. My elder sister treated me like her son and I was by then a responsible working man and brother and you were too with me to guide me through every step I take. I was alone but being a brother was the best feeling as you know what are your responsibilities and living life alone teaches you to cope up with difficulties as well.

As a husband…
Being a husband made me experience you in a new and unique way. My wife has been a big support system for me and this phase did change my perspective towards you. I was not so much serious about my life earlier as I was alone and my sister was married and happily settled but now my wife had made me live for myself and her and start a family. I

As a father…
Entering the new phase of fatherhood and brining a new life into this world made me again realize that life which I always considered so complicated and serious was so beautiful too. My world was my family, my children and these moments that I spent with my kids have been the best ever moments in my life. Life goes and life comes back too and I saw my life in my kids.

These were the important phases of you, Zindagi, and I want to thank you for all that you’ve given me till today.

-          Richard




I am writing a letter to life for the #DearZindagi activity at BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment